Russell Stover Candies - YOUR CHOCOLATES WERE SO OLD AND DISCOLORED AND 1 WAS PUSHED IN.

MY HUSBAND BROUGHT YOUR CHOCOLATES FOR ME ON VALENTINE DAY.WE BEEN MARRIED 25 YRS.

HE KNOWS THAT I LOVE YOUR BRAND. IT WAS A TRADITION TO GET THESE EVERY YEAR. WHEN I OPENED IT TO HAVE ONE ON VALENTINES DAY, TO MY DISPAIR, THEY WERE SO OLD AND WHITE AGE DOTS,SOME COVERED IN THAT WHITEISH COLOR CHOCOLATE GETS WHEN IT GETS OLD. 1 WAS COMPLETLEY PUSHED IN, AS IF SOMEONE WOULD DO TO CHECK AND SEE WHAT IS INSIDE, AND ANOTHER WHITE OLD ROTTEN ONE UPSIDE DOWN.

I DONT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED, BUT IT DID. I COULDNT FIND A DATE OF EXPERATION ON IT ANYWERE. THERE WAS A SPOT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CARDBOARD COVER SAYING, "SEE BEST BEFORE DATE" BUT NOT DATE ANYWERE AROUND IT. THE ONLY DATE I COULD FIND ON THE WHOLE PACKAGE WAS, "COPYWRITE, WHITMANS CANDIES, INC.

1993 CARMEL BLVD. ABILENE, KANSAS 67410 US. THERE ISNT EVEN A 1-800 # TO CALL ON YOUR PACKAGING ANYWERE. SO I HAD TO HUNT THIS DOWN TO PUT MY COMPLAINT IN.

PRAYING I GET A RESPONSE. IF YOUR RESPONSE IS ANYTHING LIKE YOUR PACKAGING, YOU SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER DOING SOME THINGS DIFFERENT.

I HAVE PHOTOS TO POST FOR YOU SO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT I OPENED ON MY VALENTINE'S DAY.MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO EAT THEM?

Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Whitmans Sampler Valentines Day Chocolates
Review category
Food
review #475677

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Russell Stover Candies? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
anonymous

Feb 14, 2014 #785360

The research that I just did for you, proves what I had always heard. The spots you referred to is called "bloom" and it isn't due to being out of date, it is caused when for some reason or another chocolate has become overheated(not in the process of being used) and then returns back to the normal temperature. This could happen in shipping, or even being too close to a heater in a store's stock room.

Feb 25 #1118114

Are you Russell Stover?

anonymous

Feb 14, 2014 #785358

Complaining on this site won't get a response from you. This is just a general complaint site. Did you think about looking online for the Whitman's website? Did it even occur to you to take the box of Whitman's back to the store where purchased. I have never heard of chocolates getting white areas on them from being out of date, but I will do some checking and see what I can find.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.